IDS mailing list archives

Re: Nagios

From: stefmit <stefmit () comcast net>
Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2003 06:09:10 -0500

It is a very, very nice piece of software ... mostly for administration
purposes, rather than IDS, though (this is the ex-Netsaint, if you remember
it) ... but as good as it is, it is also extremely complex, and requires a
LOT of patience to set it up. I am just going through this process right now,
with its latest release, and I found that I had to break one of my "geeky"
rules: one HAS to read the manual to get this right ;)

Stef