IDS mailing list archives

Re: how can I find researches ...

From: Jacco Tunnissen <jacco () honeypots net>
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2003 10:09:38 +0200

On Sat, Jun 07, 2003 at 06:43:30AM +0000, hajar kashfi wrote:

I'm a student and I'm serching for my M.Sc thesis subject,as I'm realy
intrested in IDs (using mobile agents,specially)can any one tell me where
can I finde open problems in IDs or researches on it?is there any special
sites for it?

Hi Hajar,

Here are some papers/presentations about Distributed IDS Systems and IDS
Agents which will help you further. A good idea might be to contact the
original authors and ask them what open problems still need research in this
specific area.

  http://www.raid-symposium.org/raid2001/slides/gopalakrishna_spafford_raid2001.pdf
  A Framework for Distributed IDS using Interest-Driven Cooperating Agents (PDF)

  http://www.raid-symposium.org/raid98/Prog_RAID98/Full_Papers/zamboni_slides.html/ppframe.htm
  AAFID: Autonomous Agents for Intrusion Detection

  http://www.raid-symposium.org/raid98/Prog_RAID98/Full_Papers/huang_text.pdf
  A Large-Scale Distributed ID Framework based on Attack Synergy Analysis (PDF)

  http://www.raid-symposium.org/raid98/Prog_RAID98/Full_Papers/huang_slides.html/ppframe.htm
  A Large-Scale Distributed ID Framework based on Attack Synergy Analysis (Presentation)

  http://www.raid-symposium.org/raid98/Prog_RAID98/Full_Papers/hofmeyr_slides.html/index.htm
  An Immunological Approach to Distributed Network Intrusion Detection

  http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1532
  An Introduction to Distributed Intrusion Detection

  http://www.sans.org/rr/paper.php?id=897
  Distributed Intrusion Detection Systems: An Introduction and Review

  http://www.raid-symposium.org/raid99/PAPERS/Queiroz.pdf
  Micael: Autonomous Mobile Agent System to Protect NG Networked Appl's (PDF)

  http://www.raid-symposium.org/raid99/PAPERS/Mell.pdf
  Mobile Agent Attack Resistant Distributed Hierarchical IDS Systems (PDF)

  http://www.sans.org/rr/intrusion/thousand.php
  The Present and Future of Distributed Intrusion Detection

  http://www.sans.org/rr/intrusion/distributed_IDS.php
  Using Snort For a Distributed Intrusion Detection

For more papers about Intrusion Detection, check out the website below. Be
sure to check if you're original... ;-)

Success with your thesis.

Jacco Tunnissen
--
http://www.honeypots.net/
Intrusion Detection Systems,

INTRUSION PREVENTION: READY FOR PRIME TIME?

IntruShield now offers unprecedented Intrusion IntelligenceTM capabilities
- including intrusion identification, relevancy, direction, impact and analysis
- enabling a path to prevention.

Download the latest white paper "Intrusion Prevention: Myths, Challenges, and Requirements" at:
http://www.securityfocus.com/IntruVert-focus-ids2