IDS mailing list archives

Re: General term for Gateway IDS, IDP, IPS ...

From: Jacco Tunnissen <jacco () honeypots net>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 02:22:45 +0200

On Wed, Jun 04, 2003 at 11:54:24PM +0900, Masamichi Tateoka wrote:

I'd like to know the general term for Gateway IDS, IDP, IPS ...

[..]

I know NetScreen call their products "Intrusion Detectsion and Prevention
solution." And also TopLayer call their products "Intrusion Prevention
Solutions." But It seems there terms are not so common.

Hi Masamichi,

For Intrusion Detection definitions, the following two documents are a good
starting point.

  1.
  http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1213
  Intrusion Detection Systems Technology, Part 1: A - H

  2.
  http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1214
  Intrusion Detection Systems Technology, Part 1: H - Z

A great deal of other documents and whitepapers can be found on our website,
section IDS. Look at the titles and content of it, and see how Intrusion
Detection professionals call their solutions and technology.

Good luck.

Jacco Tunnissen
--
http://www.honeypots.net/
Intrusion Detection Systems,

INTRUSION PREVENTION: READY FOR PRIME TIME?

IntruShield now offers unprecedented Intrusion IntelligenceTM capabilities
- including intrusion identification, relevancy, direction, impact and analysis
- enabling a path to prevention.

Download the latest white paper "Intrusion Prevention: Myths, Challenges, and Requirements" at:
http://www.securityfocus.com/IntruVert-focus-ids2