IDS mailing list archives

Re: Application level IDS?

From: Ali-Reza Anghaie <ali () packetknife com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 20:31:07 -0400

On Wednesday 18 June 2003 17:52, Smokey Lonesome wrote:
Hi IDS experts,

      I'm not deeply familiar with IDS technologies and
products, so I apologize in advance if this is a
too-trivial question:

      Is there anything like an "application level IDS" ?
(similar to what is now called "application
firewall"?)
*snip*

Consider taking a look at immunix.com (stackguard, cryptomark, etc.) and
grsecurity.org (features section (PaX), ..)...

They both integrate a number of technologies you might be interested in.

Both sites have papers sections as well.

Cheers, -Ali

--
OpenPGP Key: 030E44E6