IDS mailing list archives

Re: TCP checksums; was Re: A new TCP/IP blind data injection technique? (on bugtraq)

From: Rahul <rahul () mmsl serc iisc ernet in>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 12:00:03 +0530 (IST)

Hi,

I had read previously some talk about how some NIDS are able to mimic the
stack of the target host accurately. This was in relation to re-assembly
and defragmentation. So the NIDS that claim to mimic the network stacks of
end-hosts correctly should have no problem dealing with zero-checksum
packets.

But what are the speeds such NIDS are capable of? Does anyone know?

Rahul