IDS mailing list archives

Re: Categories of IDS

From: "Andy Cuff [Talisker]" <lists () securitywizardry com>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 22:24:36 -0000

Hi Jeff
Looks good. Hope the TAPS page has info on channel bonding

Have you seen Intrusions taps they have a hub inbuilt so you don't
have to mess with the half duplex  outputs to make it full duplex. There is
an
issue with bandwidth in the 10/100 tap such that it can only handle 100Mb/s
total output ie 60 + 40 is okay but 60 + 50 will drop 10Mb/s I believe this
is
overcome with their 10/100/1000 tap.  I'm really impressed, they also have a
variant that will allow crafted resets to be inserted back into the traffic.
I feed the output into a dumb hub and then into multiple IDS.

-andy

Talisker Security Tools Directory
http://www.securitywizardry.com