IDS mailing list archives

Re: How to keep sensors in sync using NTP?

From: Skip Carter <skip () taygeta com>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 11:44:01 -0700

In one of the sections (Network Time Protocol - NTP) he explain how to
keep accurate time on the sensors (Snort) without having to manually set
the clocks, using NTP:

Everything looks OK but the sensors stay 2 hours in advance. I already
read the NTP manual but I still can´t figure out what is happen.

  Try manually setting the system clocks to reasonably close to the
true time first.  NTP will not adjust the clock if the time difference
between the time server and the local system (after accounting for
time zone differences) is too large.

Skip

--
 Dr. Everett (Skip) Carter      Phone: 831-641-0645 FAX:  831-641-0647
 Taygeta Scientific Inc.        INTERNET: skip () taygeta com