IDS mailing list archives

RE: IDS responses

From: "Kohlenberg, Toby" <toby.kohlenberg () intel com>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 02:47:07 -0800

This is a good list but you missed one:
forged response to the attacker- Dragon has/had (I haven't checked to see if it
is in the newest release) the ability to respond to things like scanning and
Nmap OS detection packets with spoofed data that would suggest a different OS
or ports being open/closed when they are not in reality. This is very cool, IMHO,
as it doesn't kill the connection, it just injects some false information into
the data flow that will make the attackers job more difficult.

All opinions are my own and in no way reflect the views of my employer.

Toby