IDS mailing list archives

Re: which IDS

From: Krzysztof Zaraska <kzaraska () student uci agh edu pl>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 21:42:56 +0100

On Thu, 14 Nov 2002 08:44:49 -0200
Adriano Ribeiro <r00t () o2 net br> wrote:

You could catch the Prelude, in: http://www.prelude-ids.org, it's
compatible with snort rules, but, uses other engine for intrusion
detection, You will go to like, some information more:

1 - Is a distributed.
2 - Is a network and host IDS
3 - Compatible with CIDF.

Being involved in Prelude development, I must correct last statement:
Prelude is _not_ compatible with CIDF. I think you wanted say IDMEF :-)
And it actually uses IDMEF for all the alert processing (more precisely,
we use internally a binary representation of IDMEF data model, which can
be of course exported to XML).

--
// Krzysztof Zaraska * kzaraska (at) student.uci.agh.edu.pl
// Prelude IDS: http://www.prelude-ids.org/