Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Interesting infographic on the history of firewalls

From: Timothy Shea <tim () tshea net>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2014 07:25:47 -0700

I agree - we were doing that in 2002.  At best this list is very odd.

"Gartner starts Next Generation Firewall discussion" is meaningless (like
if Gartner somehow was driving the feature sets of modern firewalls) and I
have no idea what "Software enabled security introduced making blade
technology obsolete" even means.