Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

IPv6 Support among commercial firewalls (survey request)

From: Dave Piscitello <dave () corecom com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 11:15:06 -0400

Hello,

ICANN's Security and Stability Advisory Committee (SSAC) is conducting a survey regarding the availability of IPv6 support among commercial firewalls and security systems.

This is an update of a survey we conducted in 2007 (results are posted at http://www.icann.org/en/committees/security/sac021.pdf). In that survey, we asked vendors for product information. This year, we are inviting business users of commercial firewalls to answer a similar set of questions: specifically,

• Are user organizations that have adopted IPv6 using commercial
  firewalls to protect their networks?
• What features are user organizations employing when they deploy
  firewalls in IPv6 networks?
• Are user organizations finding that the security services they
  used at IPv4 firewalls are available for IPv6 transport as well?
• Are user organizations satisfied that commercial firewalls can
  enforce the same security policy whether IPv6 or IPv4 transport
  is used?

As was the case for the 2007 survey, we will analyze and publish aggregated responses. We will aggregate and analyze vendor results separately from user organization responses. We will compare the 2010 vendor responses against the 2007 responses to measure how availability has changed since the first survey.

The formal public announcement for the survey is posted at ICANN at
http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-2-01mar10-en.htm

You are invited to participate in the survey online at: http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/?p=WEB22A9WG4UQWG

The survey will be open for participation until 1 May 2010.

For additional information please contact SSAC-Fellow () icann org

Thank you,

Dave Piscitello
Senior Security Technologist, ICANN
dave.piscitello () icann org
dave () corecom com

P.S. If you know of other lists where we might solicit business responses, please share privately with me.