Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Firewall best practices

From: ArkanoiD <ark () eltex net>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 20:56:15 +0400

Surely the whole thing is about *policies*, not 'devices'. Yes, we knew that since the
very beginning that PKI on the internets is just a cardhouse. But we yet to see a
root CA to commit business suicide such an unusual way (and it is surely a suicide
as detection is easy and chances to do that unnoticed are pretty low).

The problem is, it doesn't necessary needs to be root CA. Just any entity with properly
signed certificate with CA basic constraints set.