Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: DNS Names for external services

From: John Morrison <john.morrison101 () googlemail com>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 11:57:48 +0100

I have to agree with the view that obfuscation/obscurity is not the
way to go. It increases the difficulty of use and, in this case,
provides very little benefit.

See
        "Why Security-Through-Obscurity Won't Work"
(http://slashdot.org/features/980720/0819202.shtml)
        "What is "security through obscurity""
(http://users.softlab.ntua.gr/~taver/security/secur3.html)

For a wider discussion see