Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Network design change

From: shadow floating <nadengine () googlemail com>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 17:58:04 +0200

 Hi All,
 My company has two sites in to 2 different locations that are
 connected via high speed link at the core layer ( I've attached a
 link to the diagram :
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/77/questionhk.jpg for ease of
explanation)
 in each site I've 1 DMZ , the network team wants to connect the DMZ
 switches in both sites for better performance and "security" - the
 link under investigation is shown in red in the picture -   via high
 speed link without passing at all by the core network layer, as they
 say that will aid more in the replication between server A and backup
 server A in the DMZs and also this will help if any of the 2 firewalls
 had failure to access both DMZs from any firewall.
 Is that better from security point of view?

 appreciating your great help and advice
 thanks alot

 Regards,
 Nad