Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: found on the pentesters list;

From: "miedaner" <miedaner () twcny rr com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 09:32:28 -0400

If a provider is held liable ( which in my opinion  - they should have some
skin in the game )

Then that opens up a line of litigation I thought should have started 10
years ago - holding security vendors liable for breaches related to their
products, merchantability, false claims, negligence etc.

I see the precedent being used for MSP's, Security Software vendors, maybe
even software vendors in general.

Could be a new line of work testifying as an expert witness concerning
vendor due dilgence.

Class action?  People who have had identity stolen because of holes in IE
browser?

I think there is a cause of action and harm is easy to prove and link also.
Which leaves you with, is my lawyer bigger than your lawyer.

If I was a law firm I would get some experts, give notice and wait.