Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Slow FTP transfers

From: Victor Williams <bwilliam13 () windstream net>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 21:11:16 -0500

On any ASA's I've dealt with I've seen this behavior when inspection of FTP was going on. Try shutting it off completely and see what happens. If it speeds up and works fine, you know where the problem lies.

sky wrote:
Hi,

I'm having an issue when ftp'ing (default port mode) large file (50megs)
to a remote server sitting behind FWSM. The transfer gets real slow and
at times just timeouts.

Now when I change ftp mode to passive the same file transfer works w/o
any issues. Why?

Have inspect ftp and mtu is set for 1500. I've checked for duplex
settings as well which is good.

Any thoughts will be great.

regards
sky