Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Is a full collapse possible? (was: Who stay focused?)

From: "Behm, Jeff" <jbehm () burnsmcd com>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 15:43:16 -0500

On Friday, April 17, 2009 1:24 PM, Jean-Denis Gorin said:

IMHO, it's a matter of ROI: if the "bad guys" think that it's
worth to take down a part of the Internet, they will do it!

Agreed. If they are smart they wouldn't do that, as that would
be biting the proverbial hand that feeds them...I.E. Why would
they kill the very means they are able to use in much more
"cost effective" ways?

I.E. No Internet = ROI -> zero

I guess they could go back to the old fashioned ways of carrying
a big stick along with a 55 gallon drum of intimidation.