Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Dynamic Firewall Daemon

From: Travis <travis+ml-firewalls () subspacefield org>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 16:49:36 -0500

Hello, I'm Travis and I'm a very long-term veteran of open-source
firewalls.

I've created - or at least independently invented - a concept called a
Dynamic Firewall Daemon, or some would say a "reactive firewall", and
I have an open-source implementation of it.

The general idea is here:
http://www.subspacefield.org/security/dfd/

The most advanced implementation is discussed here:
http://www.subspacefield.org/security/dfd_keeper/

And I have a mailing list for those interested here:

Also, the linux version could use a maintainer.  I simply prefer pf to
iptables and so the iptables version is out of date and needs an
overhaul.
--
Crypto ergo sum.  http://www.subspacefield.org/~travis/
Truth does not fear scrutiny or competition, only lies do.