Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Reset-O from everyone!

From: "Bill O'Connell" <boconnell () libertycreativesolutions com>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 14:52:31 -0500

Hello,

I have been having a problem with my new cisco ASA 5505. In ftp, http and SMTP traffic I keep getting Reset-O. Then
(especially with the HTTP file transfers we do) I get 1 or sometimes many Deny TCP (no connection).

I have a real hard time believing that all of these outside hosts are doing Resets - and then still trying to
communicate.

Cisco is looking at a pcap now, and it does show retransmissions from our web server to the host.

Has anyone seen this kind of behavior before? Does anyone have any suggestions? Could it be that there is a faulty
router at our ISP?

Everything works flawlessly inside of our network.

Thanks,

Bill O'Connell
Network Solutions Manager
boconnell () libertycreativesolutions com
708-633-7450

NOTICE: This Liberty Creative Solutions, Inc. e-mail transmission (including any file attachment) is intended only for
the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged and
confidential, the disclosure of which is governed by applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, any
dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail or a collect telephone call and delete or
destroy all copies of this message and any file attachment. Thank you!

--
dangerous content by OpenProtect(http://www.openprotect.com), and is
believed to be clean.