Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: watchguard firebox 700 hardware limitation?

From: "Christopher Smith" <Christopher.Smith () watchguard com>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 07:42:20 -0800

This is totally false.

Cheers,

Christopher Smith, GSEC

-----Original Message-----
From: firewall-wizards-bounces () listserv icsalabs com
[mailto:firewall-wizards-bounces () listserv icsalabs com] On Behalf Of
Jasmine Chua
Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2008 8:36 AM
To: firewall-wizards () listserv icsalabs com
Subject: [fw-wiz] watchguard firebox 700 hardware limitation?

Hi Everyone

I noticed something's not right in a particular firewall config file. I
do not understand why LAN is configured as Untrusted and External (WAN)
as Trusted.
I brought this up as a security concern to one of my colleague, our
senior technical guru. He told me that things are configured this way
because there is a hardware limitation with the old watchguard firebox
700. At that time, when they tried to configure LAN as Trusted and
External as Untrusted, they found out that network traffic from
Untrusted to Trusted cannot flow through.

I would like to know if others have encountered the same experience so
that I can determine if what he said is really true..

-JC