Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: pix/proxy issue

From: "Secure Scorp" <securescorp () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 00:43:56 -0600

My understanding ( correct me if wrong),

Topology:
* You have two proxy servers in your PIX DMZ for internal users.
* The two proxy servers have virtual IPs and are load balanced.
* If lets say proxy-2 goes down, proxy-1 would take over .Techincally,
in this case, proxy-1 will respond for proxy-2's Virtual IP.

Issue:
* When proxy fails, it is expected that everything should failover to
teh proxy and it should work.
*However, with PIX in front of proxies , this doesnt work.

Suggestions:
* To start with, after failing over ( and when it doesnt work ) ,
clear arp and xlate on the PIX.  Test and please let me know the
results.

Thanks,
Aditya Govind Mukadam