Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Pix 501 and server time-outs

From: "Bill O'Connell" <boconnell () libertycreativesolutions com>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 12:07:10 -0500

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the input.

There are no dropped packets from what I can see, but the logging is substandard without setting up a syslog server.

We are running 3MB connection for our internet and only one 100 MB port for out internal connection.

I'm fairly convinced that the firewall is a problem, though cisco claims I'm well under utilization for the pix 501. I
just bought a 5505 ASA to replace it. I should know by Monday if that solves my problem.

Bill