Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Blocking we browsing completely and allowing only Skype out to the Internet

From: Anthony <ez4me2c3d () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 16:49:01 -0500

http://www.skype.com/help/guides/firewall.html

Since skype uses tcp port 80 and 443, I don't really see how.  Perhaps a
proxy firewall might be able to, but I am only familar with stateful
packet inspection firewalls.  (e.g., Cisco PIX/ASA/FWSM)

Anthony

Siju George wrote:
Hi,

Is anybody doing Something like this on any of their firewalls?

i.e blocking all web browsing and at the same time allowing only skype
to the outside world?

Could you please let me know how you do that?

Thank you so much

Kind Regards

Siju