Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Allowing Internet Access to MS Project Server

From: "Darden, Patrick S." <darden () armc org>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 08:33:20 -0400

Seriously, using Apache's reverse proxy would be easiest and very secure.  Here's how you would do it:

1.  set up the MS Project Server, complete with web access, on internal LAN, including all applicable AAA (e.g. ADS
authentication, and making sure SSL is turned on.
2.  set up the Apache reverse proxy on DMZ, allowing only SSL proxying, with only one target available--the MS Project
Server.  Turn off all other services.  Turn on the personal firewall for the server.  This link is a tutorial on how to
do the Apache part of this: http://www.apachetutor.org/admin/reverseproxies

That's it.  Simple and clean.

Cisco's SSL product--never used it.  Their IPSEC products are good.

Juniper has great products in general.  I have no experience with their SSL product.  This reviewer loves it:
http://www.networkworld.com/reviews/2005/121905-juniper-summ.html?review=sslvpn

I have used a few SSL vpn appliances, and the one I like best is Nortel's.  Here is a comparison of some of the
leaders: http://www.informationweek.com/story/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=166404268

--p