Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Opinions wanted...

From: Timothy Shea <tim () tshea net>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 08:33:00 -0600

IMHO - if you haven't used either platform before and only 3 firewalls
- either solution will require an equal amount of training to
understand and my guess is that the VAR who is recommending against
checkpoint will make more money if you buy checkpoint versus sidewinder.

That being said - for your type of application I would lean toward
CheckPoint Secure Platform (SPLAT) versus Sidewinder or Checkpoint
running on Nokia and my reasoning is that I can normally use what ever
hardware platform my server teams support versus buying an all in one
appliance solution (checkpoint nokia, sidewinder).

t.s