Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: static nat for inside returning traffic

From: "kevin horvath" <kevin.horvath () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 20:28:51 -0500

Yes if you want access to an inside host from traffic initiated from
the outside then you must have either a static nat, static pat, or nat
exemption.  Regular nat or pat will only allow traffic from a higher
security interface to a lower security interface, but not initiated
from the outside (lower security) to the inside (higher security).