Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Pix rulebase/policy analysis

From: "Avishai Wool" <yash () acm org>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 22:26:05 +0200

Hi,

if you are willing to use a commercial solution, check out www.algosec.com.
it does everything you asked about, and then some: risk assessment with
builtin knowledgebase, what is open, rule usage statistics & reordering,
change tracking, SOX compliance - all in a convenient web-based report.

it's WAY better than a spreadsheet ...

Disclaimer: I've been working on firewall analysis for many years,
both in academia and industry, and
I'm affiliated with AlgoSec, so I'm biased.

HTH,
  Avishai