Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: ASA interface failover ?

From: "Keith A. Glass" <salgak () speakeasy net>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 16:24:46 +0000

-----Original Message-----
From: Maen Ftouni [mailto:mftouni () mdsa com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2007 10:26 PM
To: 'Firewall Wizards Security Mailing List'
Subject: [fw-wiz] ASA interface failover ?

Hello all, we are planning to buy a new firewall and implement it in our
network, the only thing is that i am planning to connect the firewall to
2 switches, in case one link fail i want the users to connect to the
firewall using the other switch, so the firewall will basically be
connected to a port in each switch, kind of an interface failover, do
you know if this feature is available in ASA ? if not what firewalls do
support it ?

ASA 5550's have a failover capability, but that's as a cluster: I have all my ASA 5550s clustered; but failing one over
TWO switches, never tried that. . .