Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Check Point NG FP3 HF2 on Solaris 5.8

From: "Robert Fenech" <robertfenech () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 14:04:44 +0200

Hi,

I am encountering a problem when it comes to install a policy on an NG FP3
HF2 firewall running on an old Solaris 5.8 machine.

Primarily when the policy is about to be installed I get the message "Failed
to install policy.  Please make sure that Firewall-1 services are
running...".

I traced the processes as follows:

Parent Process ID   |   Process ID   |   Process

1                               20318              cpwd
20318                        20329              cpd
20318                        20485              rtmd
20318                        20362              fwd
20318                        20450              fgd50
20364                        20386              cpstat_monitor

I tried to respawn each process to try and figure out which one was more
likely related to this policy installation issue.

Respawning cpd does sort out the problem (not for long though) in the sense
that the policy gets installed, however a second policy install fails with
the same error message.

Has anybody encountered this problem before?

Thanks,
Robert.