Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Concentrator inside of paired failover firewalls.

From: "Paul D. Robertson" <paul () compuwar net>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 10:17:04 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 12 Sep 2006, Huelsbeck, Harry H. CTR wrote:

Everyone,
Looking at our network layout. We have two firewalls, a primary and a
secondary. The two firewalls go to a hub which concentrates the two
together to the inside network segnment. We plan on replacing the hub
with a switch, but I was wondering if there is a better/cheaper solution

1.  Why replace the hub?

to concentrate the 2 firewalls together? Seems like a lot of money to
waste, if another solution could be used. Please let me know what you
have used, or if you know of something better.
Thanks in advance for any inputs, Harry

2.  4 and 8 port switches are dirt-cheap.

Paul