Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Integrated IDS/IPS/Firewall (Cisco ASA and Juniper ISG)

From: "Shashi Shekhar" <shashi.shekhar () rogers com>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 09:24:59 -0400

Yes this is the new trend

I'd suggest - to view this more as a trend towards tightly integrated
architecture than appliances because none of the current all-in-ones
available in the market are geared towards Enterprise

Performance degradation needs to be taken into account when it comes to this
- a 2Gbps FW/VPN with everything turned on may only do few hundred megs
irrespective of what datasheets may state.

BTW Have you looked at Check Point UTM....has firewall, VPN, IPS, SSL, Anti
Virus and as I heard URL Filtering is coming as well

Shashi