Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Blocking Google Talk

From: Phil Trainor <ptrainor () imperfectnetworks com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 10:37:46 -0700

Correct. TLS is used for login only. After which all communications with
talk.google.com take place in clear-text with Jabber XML Messaging (TCP
5222). A MITM could glean information and attempt some mischief:

http://www.osvdb.com/searchdb.php?vuln_title=jabber&vuln_title_search_type=and&disclosure_date1=&disclosure_date2=&ext_ref_value=&ext_ref_search_type=and&ext_ref_type=0&text=&ext_txt_search_type=and&vendor=&vendor_search_type=and&base=&base_search_type=and&version=&version_search_type=and&search=search

ArkanoiD wrote:
Does that mean only login is encrypted and all futher communiction is
cleartext?