Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

filter smtp port juniper M20

From: "Jess" <z () divemedic net>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 11:54:40 -0500

Hey all,

New to list but I hope I'm in the right place....

so I setup a filter on a Juniper M20 because I have an old folks home sending spam and they can't seem to figure out
how to clean up their computers. Now port 25 has been blocked both in and out since June 7 but I'm still receiving
complaints timestamped after the period I put on the filter. Is there any way spam can be sent via alternate routes or
did I set up my filter wrong?

jxxxxx () core1 xxx> show configuration interfaces at-0/0/0.0
description "Senior Commmunity ";
encapsulation atm-snap;
vci 00.00;
shaping {
    vbr peak 1368000 sustained 1368000 burst 3;
    queue-length 10;
}
family inet {
    filter {