Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: The Outgoing Traffic Problem

From: ArkanoiD <ark () eltex net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 17:25:28 +0400

nuqneH,

Yep, the http problem it is basically stateless and consists of a zillion
of short-living connections. You may, however, invent some referer/cookie
black magic, but it is, actually, security through obscurity - if that
thing could be widespread to some extent, i am sure trojans could happily
piggyback that method.

I have an http authentication system that works like "the user is
authenticated while telnet (don't worry, there are SSL and IPSEC) session
to authntication agent is active", but its shortcomings are obvious.