Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: IPS vs. Firewalls

From: Mark Teicher <mht3 () earthlink net>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 14:51:38 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Phil Albacore wrote:
They've heard that IPS sensors can be used to block traffic, so they've got it in their heads that we don't need a
firewall anymore.

I would suggest http://www.ranum.com/security/computer_security/papers/a1-firewall/index.html if you would like to save
money in your IT Network Security Budget on IPS/IDS Budget line item and Firewall Budget line item.