Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: X server in a Firewall

From: Cat Okita <cat () reptiles org>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 10:28:44 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006, Martijn Berlage wrote:
With respect to the question about running a GUI, my first reaction
would be to question the neccessity of it. Why would any competent (team
of) admin(s) *really* *need* a GUI? Sure, sometimes it comes in handy.
It can provide nice graphs about utilisation. But do those bells &
whistles outweigh the extra risk?

Unfortunately there are current, common products that are extraordinarily
hard to manage without the gui.

cheers!