Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Looking for suggestions on a free TACACS or RADIUS Server

From: "Sanford Reed" <sanford.reed () cox net>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 16:58:30 -0400

If you are using Microsoft Servers on the back end then you have a free
(can't get any lower cost then that) Radius Server there. It is called IAS,
Internet Authentication Server. It comes with all Versions of MS Server
since NT-4 as an add-in service. An additional benefit of this is that it
ties directly into the MS Domain Authentication so your VPN users use the
same Username and password regardless of whether they are in the office
(inside the LAN) or connecting remotely via VPN and your administration is
simplified because you use the same Admin tool that you use to admin LAN
users.

Sanford Reed
(V) 757.406.7067