Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Remote access VPN and Cisco PIX 515E connection problems

From: "Aaron Rohyans" <aaronr () imcu com>
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 08:29:53 -0500

Why are your SA lifetimes set to 3600 and 1800?  By setting the dynamic
crypto to 1800, you are telling the PIX to end the session after 30 minutes
and renegotiate SAs.  It is probably having trouble renegotiating these SAs
since the peer IP address is changing.  I would bump this up to at least 1
hour (3600) or higher and see if the problem goes away.  You could also try
enabling keepalives on the link to make sure the session stays up even with
user inactivity.  Bottom line, it sounds like the PIX is having trouble
reestablishing the SA with the remote peer since its IP changed.

Hope this helps!
Aaron

----- Original Message ----- From: "Victor Williams" <vbwilliams () neb rr com>