Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: The home user problem returns

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () stjoelive com>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 15:58:22 -0500

To be sure, but between you and I, I'll bet I can go buy a car and get away
without doing any of those things for quite awhile before being caught - IF
I do get caught.

So what's the story here? Government parenting is required in order for the
Internet to continue functioning - to save us from ourselves?

Even if this were true, which its not, it would be impossible to implement.
The UN is, has and always will be worthless and that's about as close as
you're going to get to an international governing body...I'll feel dirty
just thinking about the need for such a thing...

You may have never seen, used, or owned a car in your life,
but if you have decent credit you are probably able to go buy
or lease one. Once you do buy one, you are required to be
insured against damages that might result from your
negligence or accidents you cause (or suffer) with that car.
Prior to taking that car out onto public roads where you
could kill, maim, or damage other people's cars and property
you are required to take a proficiency test. If you are
caught breaking the rules of how you are to operate your car,
you may have your right to use it revoked, or the car itself
confiscated. Your use of the car is YOUR responsibility but
society has effectively determined that most people DO NOT
DISCHARGE THAT RESPONSIBILITY WELL and has placed controls
around use of cars.

mjr.