Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: The home user problem returns

From: Mason Schmitt <mason () schmitt ca>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 14:31:27 -0700

We'll be lucky to have the
ability to find out what personal information of ours is being stored and
traded by the organizations that have it, let alone have the power to take
it away from them.

This is going to be a huge mess in a year or so.  More so than it is
already.  My wife recently went shopping our mortgage around.  Once she
was done, she went back to all the places that didn't get our business
and told them to remove all her records.  Each place she went to was
flabbergasted.  They viewed that info as theirs.  I'm not sure what her
success rate was, but she was pretty forceful on that point.

Sadly, I am confident that if it does happen, it will be
as a reaction to a major info-disaster that has serious negative fall-out
for a large portion of American citizens.

And the rest of the world...  Hello!  There are others here too! ;)

--
Mason