Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: medical records, web server, & stateful firewall vs packet filter

From: "Adam Greene" <maillist () webjogger net>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 09:38:40 -0500

Paul and Jeff,

Thanks to both of you for your responses, which I found very useful. Paul,
you're right of course that focusing on firewalls and packet filters will be
close to useless if there is no application-level security. And the DoS
concerns are secondary to preventing system compromise. In general what I'm
getting from the feedback which you and others have provided is that the DoS
issues really are secondary at this point.

thanks again,
Adam