Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Cisco acls

From: "Bruce Smith" <bruce_the_loon () worldonline co za>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 20:47:23 +0200

Hi Eric

Yep, that's what we've experienced. What our network engineer does is edit
the acl in notepad or similar, first line the no access-list xxx line, and
then pastes the whole thing into the telnet client. The acl is regenerated
very rapidly and the open time is a minimum. We use QVTTerm and the normal
paste option. Also, make sure there's a blank line at the end of the acl
before you copy and paste or the last command doesn't get run automatically.

Regards

Bruce Smith
Consultent Engineer - NMMU