Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Going meta (was RE: Ok, so now we have a firewall...)

From: "Marcus J. Ranum" <mjr () ranum com>
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 20:19:17 -0400

Bill McGee \(bam\) wrote:
I don’t think so. The problem, as I see it, is that the whole issue is moving so rapidly that the number of folks out
there that can orchestrate their entire security strategy while the ground shifts under their feet is woefully small

Master Sun Tzu once wrote, "If you think you have a strategy, and it is
constantly changing - it's not a strategy. It's tactics. And if you mistake
tactics for strategy, then you know nothing of either."

OK. He didn't really say that, but it wouldn't sound as cool coming from
my mouth so I stuffed my humble thoughts in his.

mjr.