Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Equifax Canada

From: "Ames, Neil" <NAmes () anteon com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 13:48:03 -0400

Brian,
    STOP!  It'll all be over when our identities *and* finances are allowed to be tied to a national ID card.  The
tyrannies that Commerce can impose on us are nothing compared to those which might be visited upon us by a government
which suddenly controls our (access to our) finances.  I would much rather have Visa, Mastercard, and the like, be
legally required to uphold certain standards for independent identity management (and related protections) than let the
government be the sole authority.  We *MUST* keep Commerce separate from Government!!!

--Fritz