Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Forwarding traffic to an active IDS/Firewall

From: "Paul Melson" <pmelson () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 12:05:49 -0400

I'm not sure I have a clear understanding of what you're asking for, but in
effect, the 'fwd' command of ipfw does simple policy routing.  Depending on
the model and OS version of your switch, policy routing should be possible.
See:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps646/products_configuration
_guide_chapter09186a00801cdf81.html#1260543

PaulM