Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

FWSM & HSRP problems

From: "Ruggero D" <erone1 () hotmail com>
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 20:15:29 +0100

Hi all,

I configured the FWSM for failover in transparent mode (L2 inside, L3 Outside)
with multiple-context, I created the admin andd Mail context at the moment I
would like to be able to ping any outside IP address so I allowed all the
traffic to pass thorugh the FWSM. I bridged also the vlans on the 6500 to allow
the comunications between the context and other vlans. The problem I have at
the moment is that from any workstation that belongs to the admin context vlan
I'm not able to reach any other outside address. I solved the problem
pointing the Admin context default static route to the physical SVI interface
instead of using the virtual HSRP address but in this case I will not have
redundancy on the c6500. Anybody had the same problems?

Regards
Ruggero Delcuratolo