Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

IPv6 redo;;

From: "R. DuFresne" <dufresne () sysinfo com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 14:05:10 -0400 (EDT)

Folks,

Trying to use a sunpass edu thing for work, I have taken sun's advanced
networking class for solaris 9.  We've touched and played with IPv6 in the
class, and a few questions have popped up that perhaps some of the IPv6
experts here might answer;

1.  how are firewalls going to deal with IPv6 addressing?  Or, will IPv6
negate the need for firewalling and push everything into encryption
boundries?

2.  icmp redirects, are they still a danger in the IPv6 realm such as they
were and are in traditional TCP/IP?

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne
--
        admin & senior security consultant:  sysinfo.com

"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation."
                -- Johnny Hart

testing, only testing, and damn good at it too!