Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: ASP/Hosting Architecture

From: Jian Zhen <jlz () zhen org>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 20:28:33 -0800

Chris Pugrud (chris () pugrud net) [041118 13:16]:
The customer conenctions were encrypted because they left our zone of control,
even though they were "private" point to point t1 lines. The IPSEC VPN's were
done with Network Alchemy Hardware.  Network Alchemy was aquired by Nokia and I
hope the capabilities have been maintained.  NA has a really phenominal
automagical load balancing capabilty.  I still have several boxes on my shelf
that I purchased from the company.

Unfortunately, Network Alchemy's hardware, assuming you are talking about
the CryptClusters, has been EOL'ed for quite a while now.

My previous work place had a couple hundred of them and I thought they were
one of the best VPN devices out there, probably still is.

It's unfortunate that they are no longer available.

However, I believe some of the functionalities were incoprated into their
IPSO software/appliances.

--
Jian Zhen <jlz () zhen org>
Blog: http://www.trustpath.com/logmatters