Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Cisco PiX 501 running 6.2 - Defying me for no reason

From: "Kyle King" <KKing () Bankshill com>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 11:51:33 -0800

I am a little unclear here, and I'm getting some weird wrapping and
quoting
from Lookout so that's not helping. It sounds like your client PC is
simply
unable to get DNS working. Are you trying to use your PIX as your DHCP
server and have it issue an IP and DNS server to your client PC? Or is it
matter of your client PC's DNS requests getting shot down by your PIX?

This issue magically resolved itself somehow.  On Wednesday, when I left,
the PCs could not access anything on the outside world.  When I got in in
the morning, before I could even sign into the PiX, the PCs could access the
internet fine.  This includes working when the VPN is turned on (but the VPN
still does not work).

As of today (Friday 19) I have been on the phone with Cisco, and apparently,
I'm not crazy.  Everything on my end is correctly configured, and cisco is
now talking with my client about its end.

Thanks for your help though.  Heres to me helping someone else next time you
see me on the board.

Kyle King
Banks-Hill Systems Ltd.
email: KKing () bankshill com