Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Does a router like this exist?

From: "Kyle King" <KKing () Bankshill com>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 11:14:37 -0800

Hello all again,

Well, my last problem seems to have fixed itself as best as it can, but now
I've got to find a stateless firewall/router that will allow me to block out
every IP address but 1 or 2 that I say are ok.

Basically, it was found out that I can't connect my VPN client through the
firewall we have over UDP due to the fierwall being Stateful.  So we are
going to add another firewall or router that will allow the 3 computers
access to the internet, but I would also like to make it so that those 3
computers can only access the server that VPN is on.  If they want to access
the internet, they will go through the original firewall.  Which reminds
me....

Has anyone ever heard of, or seen, a sort of manual switch for cat 5?  What
I mean is, a little box with like a light switch on it, that has 2 lan
connections heading into the back, and 1 connection coming out, that when
the switch is moved between the two options, the physical connections line
up with either of the two lan connections.

Well, heres me thanking you people again for your help.

Kyle King
Banks-Hill Systems Ltd.
email: KKing () bankshill com
Phone: (780) 488 6100 ext. 242